WANTED: Rugby Coach for Portland Women’s Team. Portland Maine area.
The Portland Women’s Rugby team is seeking a new volunteer head coach for our Spring and Fall season. An ideal candidate comes to each practice with a full training plan that incorporates skill development, game strategy, fitness, teamwork and togetherness. We want someone who brings focus, energy, empathy, leadership and an overall passion for growing the sport in Maine. The Portland team is rebuilding, and we need a coach that is excited by the prospect of helping mold and form a team.
- Must have a minimum of level 200 USA Rugby Coaching Certification or be willing to obtain prior to season start.
- Be eligible for USA Rugby CIPP registration.
- Develop a sustainable culture of accountability and competitiveness.
- Ability to attend all training and matches. (2 practices a week in the greater Portland area and games on Saturdays).
- Ensure that all 1.5 hour practice sessions are designed to grow and develop safety, skills, and understanding of both new and experienced players. This includes the ability to provide constructive feedback and encouragement individually and collectively.
- Work closely with the captain (s) regarding team growth and goals.
- Ability to work effectively with the team executive board, assisting when needed, on club development and planning.
- Willingness to assist with recruitment and retention of players is a MUST.
About Portland Women’s Rugby: Portland Women’s Rugby Club was founded in the 1970’s. The team is a diverse group of women with all backgrounds of rugby, driven to improve and grow our club. Currently, Portland competes in division II of the New England Rugby Football Union (NERFU), playing 15’s during the Fall and Spring seasons. The team typically practices 2x/week with matches on Saturday.
Location: Portland, Maine with travel required to some matches (typically MA, VT, RI). Portland, Maine is a wonderful small city with fabulous food, museums, and shops. Beaches, mountains, and forests are easily accessible.
Submission Process: We are looking to hire ASAP! Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. References from co-coaches and players are strongly encouraged.